Plan A Spring Wedding – 28 Ways To Tie In The Season
The tulips are blooming, the temperatures are rising – what a perfect time for a wedding! Get started planning your spring themed wedding now with these inspiring ideas for spring weddings…
Spring Theme Weddings – Things to Consider
Daylight saving time – In 2008, daylight saving time begins on Sunday March 9th, after which the sun will set an hour later. Keep this date in mind if you envision a sunset outdoor ceremony.
Prom factor – May and June are prime prom months, so be sure to book your transportation and locations early.
Variable weather – spring weather can be unpredictable. An unseasonably warm and sunny Friday can give way to a miserably cold and rainy Saturday. Be prepared for both extremes.
All in the Details – Spring Wedding Ideas
Invitations & Stationery
* Add a spring motif – such as a tulip or butterfly – to your stationery suite
* Consider color – use paper or inks in a spring color palette – pastels, greens, etc.
* Get whimsical – find a fun, flirty font to evoke a festive spring feeling
* An added touch – insert a sprinkling of silk flowers into each envelope
* Garden settings abound – take advantage of budding leaves and flowers with botanical gardens, mansions with lush grounds, or another venue with a pristine garden or courtyard.
* Take it indoors – if an outdoor setting isn’t possible – find an indoor venue with panoramic picture windows affording lots of sunlight and a bright airy ambiance.
* Color palette – 1) green and white – an elegant accompaniment to a garden setting. 2) yellow and green -another fresh, natural color pairing. 3) preppy – combine hot pink with green or mango (think polka dots and gingham). 4) chocolate brown – this trendy hue works well for spring – pair with pale blue or pink.
* Go wild with patterns – create a playful effect – think gingham, polka dots, eyelet lace, swiss dots and stripes.
* Add some greens – grasses and greenery are a natural for outdoor garden settings. Drape over arbors and incorporate in arrangements
* Seasonal blooms – classics include tulips, daffodils, lilies (especially calla lilies and easter lilies), magnolias, gardenias, hydrangeas, gerbera daisies, apple or cherry blossoms. View our complete list of spring wedding flowers
* Creative containers – put your arrangements in simple, homespun containers like wicker baskets, watering cans, teapots, or urns.
* Potted plants – potted arrangements create a natural, organic look. Best of all -you can plant them for a timeless reminder of your wedding
* In Season – serve a main dish featuring ham or lamb
* Fresh produce – round out the meal with a bounty of fresh fruits and young vegetables like baby carrots, baby asparagus and new potatoes
* Elegant sides – serve mini quiches or update traditional deviled eggs by adding salmon or crabmeat
* Bar favorites – a spring menu seems to call for champagne. Mix up a batch of mimosas for a morning wedding, or create a festive champagne cocktail.
* Coconut Confection – coconut frosting and fillings make a quintessential spring treat
* Crazy for carrot – carrot cake with cream cheese icing is another springtime fave.
* Light and fluffy – go with angel food cake and fresh strawberries or strawberry cream
* Whimsical adornments – decorate with bright, fanciful details like ribbon, swiss dots or swirl patterns.
* Loosen up – feel free to relax the dress code a bit, especially if the wedding will take place outside
* Lighten up – lighter fabrics like lace or cotton create a perfect springtime look
* Wedding gown – Add some color with a sash or detailed embroidery
* Bridesmaids dresses – Pastels are a springtime classic. Keep yours fresh by choosing a color and allowing each of your maids to select a different hue. Or go in another direction with a bolder turquoise, fuschia or mango.
* Avoid satin shoes – they don’t hold up well under springtime showers
* The guys – They’ll look seasonably appropriate in tan suits, colored shirts and ties. For a formal evening affair, a basic tux always works.
* Keep love blooming – with packs of flower seeds
* Plant it – give miniature potted plants or herbs
* Horse-drawn carriage – this Cinderella-like getaway make a fitting finale to an ethereal springtime wedding
Get even more ideas for spring weddings in this complete guide to wedding themes.